Nobody wants to cover up during the summer. Whether that’s being able to remove a few layers of clothes or relax your make up routine, the summer months are about enjoying time outside with friends and family and heading off on new adventures.
To avoid being a slave to foundation and concealers read on for our top ten tips to clearer skin and celebrate this summer by embracing the natural look.
Zens Top 10 Tips
- Keep it clean & double cleanse – the first cleanse removes make up and free radicals and the second allows your cleanser to work into the pores removing oil and dead skin cells.
- Exercise for at least 15 minutes a day to keep toxins in your body at bay and maintain clear skin.
- Change your skin care in line with the seasons – pack away your heavy cream for the winter and invest in a lightweight moisturiser so that your skin isn’t taking on more product that it needs to.
- Eat summer berries – they will help reduce the risk of breakouts. They’re rich in antioxidents and vitamin C and have a low glycemic index keeping blood sugar levels down.
- Keep hydrated – drinking plenty water is key for clear skin. Dehydration forces the skin to overcompensate and produce more oil than is necessary when it’s dry resulting in breakouts.
- Keep calm – although this is sometimes easier said than done, stress hormones increase the oil produced in your skin which can lead to clogged pores.
- Make sure you’re getting at least seven hours of sleep a night. Your body needs enough time to rejuvenate and restore itself, leading to clearer skin.
- Don’t linger in a hot shower – the heat can dry out your skin, leaving it dehydrated and flaky.
- Be mindful of what you’re putting into your body – we’ve all heard the expression ‘You are what you eat”. The right or wrong foods can make a world of difference in the health, brightness, and clarity of your skin. Opt for magnesium rich foods (found in organic green veg and nuts) and high quality protein and keep salt, caffeine, dairy and sugar to a minimum.
- Finally, as an extra boost, treat your skin to a weekly peel – our Murad Intensive-C Radiance Peel instantly brightens the skin and reduces pigmentation. Glycolic Acid exfoliates to accelerate the turnover of damaged cells and improves skin texture.
If you’d like advice on your current skin care routine just call one of our salons to book a consultation treatment.
We also offer digital skin analysis with our Visia Complexion Analysis System. We can scan and map exactly what’s happening above and below your skin’s surface enabling us to advise you on the most effective treatments and products to achieve the results you want.
Enjoy the summer!