Manscaping – Male Beauty at Zen
BY FIONA FOWLEY, DIRECTOR
Long gone are the days where it’s a case of a quick clean shave and a quick spray of cologne before heading out the door. Today’s dapper men today are grooming savvy and invest in looking good.
From Bro-tox to laser treatments and even skin tightening, manscaping is no longer the preserve of the minority and male grooming has long since migrated from the barber’s chair to the beauty salon. Our fast growing list of male clients are regularly booked in for a wide range of treatments, from pedicures, ‘menicures’ and brow shaping, to advanced facials, corrective peels and even skin tightening treatments. They know that they want from their treatments and are happy to invest in looking good.
Here at Zen we purposely haven’t created a men’s spa menu because all our treatments are truly customised and unisex, with focus firmly on delivering results. We also use some of the best cosmeceuticals and hard-working products on the market to maximise these results irrespective of whether you’re male or female.
It comes as little surprise that our gift vouchers are proving hugely popular this month as Father’s Day fast approaches with both daughters and Baby Mamas treating their men to some treatments. But if you’re looking for some treatment inspiration for Him, here are Zen’s top treatments that are being snapped up by the boys.
- Zen Custom Facial. Our signature customised facial which is tailored to his skin objectives as well as skin type and current skin condition. Products from across the full Murad range of advanced cosmeceuticals are selected to maximise therapeutic benefits as well as provide a relaxing experience.
- Brow Threading. A groom around the brows lifts and brightens the face and when it comes to male threading. They are not groomed to perfection but discreetly tidied up for an overall improvement in the eye area.
- Rejuvapen. This state of the art microneedling treatment is extremely effective for repairing damaged skin, including acne scarring, sun damage and pigmentation. It is also wonderfully anti-ageing. The overall effect hugely improves the appearance of tired and dull looking skin.
- Exilis Fat Reduction. This revolutionary, high-tech machine uses radio frequency and ultrasound technology to disprese stubborn areas of fat, fast. It’s particularly good for the abdomen and is proving extremely popular for those tricky to rid Dad Tums.
- IPL photo facial. This treatment quickly tackles sun damaged skin, enlarged pores, rosacea and facial thread veins, evening out skin tone and texture as well as boosting collagen. With no downtime and noticeable results fast, it’s an increasingly sought after treatment.
- Custom Massage. Our therapists are trained to provide deep, therapeutic massage for tense and tired mens’ muscles. A Zen Custom Massage is both deeply relaxing and deeply therapeutic. He will thank you for it!
Call us to book – Bruntsfield: 1314773535 | Hanover St: 1312257009
Fiona Fowley - Founder and Director of Zen Lifestyle
Fiona Fowley is the beauty expert and entrepreneur behind the Zen Lifestyle salons. Originally a beauty therapist, Fiona realised there was a gap in the market to create a unique kind of customer experience in the UK beauty and spa industry. She created Zen Lifestyle to provide discerning clients with an exceptionally high standard of therapies in luxurious, beautifully designed surroundings. she has led the business to 18 national beauty awards, as well as being voted UK Salon of the Year 5 times.