Want to be a bronzed goddess?
Fake Bake self-tan is the tanning solution we use at our Bruntsfield Place salon and the easy at home tan we recommend. The good thing about Fake Bake is that it adapts with your own skin tone to give you a natural looking colour. You don’t need to worry about going orange, as it has green undertones to give a more sun kissed olive tan.
We sell 3 different types of Fake Bake in store. The Fake Bake Original (£26) is what we use in the salon for your all over cream tan. Perfect for that holiday glow or special event, it gives a luxurious deep brown colour, or can be applied lighter for fairer skin tones. The Fake Bake Gold (£28) is a medium colour tan that contains antioxidants such as pomegranate and green tea. It also contains vitamins A & E to protect your skin as well as tan it. The new Fake Bake 60min (£25) is a spray application tan that develops in 60 minutes! Perfect for those who would prefer to wash the tan off before going to bed, or for those needing to be tanned in a hurry.
Siobhan’s ‘Fake it’ tips:
- Make sure you exfoliate your skin in the days leading up to applying fake tan. The AHA Priori Invigorating scrub is amazing for all over exfoliation.
- Use an oil free moisturiser on knees, elbows, feet and hands prior to tanning, or the Fake Bake smoothie which basically primes the skin.
- Sleep with full pyjamas on to save the sheets. However if you wait a couple of hours before going to bed it shouldn’t rub off on the sheets.
- When showering the next day after tanning make sure to pat dry. Being too vigorous with the towel will be like a buffer.
- Moisturise every day to make the tan last longer.
- If applying tan to the face it’s best to mix half tan and half moisturizer.
So don’t damage your skin with harmful rays or ageing sunbeds, why not get a healthy glow and just ‘fake it’?
Siobhan Hanna – Therapist Bruntsfield Place salon
I recently had a tanning treatment using the White to Brown spray tan at the Teviot branch of Zen Lifestyle in Edinburgh. I was having the spray tan done for my wedding and out of all the tans I ever had this one is by far the most natural looking colour.
I didn’t want to go too dark so I had a good chat with my therapist prior to having it done. She made sure that I was completly happy with the colour of my tan, applying it very gradually and covered all aftercare of having a tanning treatment which was very helpful.
You can see the colour of the tan on the skin immediately which I loved and it is such a quick treatment, only 20 minutes!
I would recommend having a trial of the White to Brown spray tan to get an idea of what the colour will look like especially if you are having this done for a special occasion.
Another useful tip my therapist gave me was to also take some photographs of myself after having the tan done outside and inside to check that my colour would be ok for wedding photos!
Statement form Zen client.
Here at Zen we thought we would make it nice and easy for you get ready for your holiday. We have made you a list of you top five ‘must have’ treatments to make you feel fab while baring all on the beach.
1. Brazilian wax – At Zen we use hot wax for our Brazilian waxing and all other bikini line waxing making the treatment results better and a lot less painful (hurrah!) A Brazilian is a must before going on any beach holiday. The result will last for weeks meaning no more shaving (and no more embarrassing shaving rashes, yes we’ve all had them!) leaving you free and hair free to enjoy your holiday.
2. Eyelash Extensions - Everyone hates the thought of no mascara during the day on holiday but we all hate the thought of panda eyes even more. Well, having Nouveau Semi Permanent Eyelash Extensions at Zen means you won’t need to think twice about either. Zen Teviot and Zen Bruntsfield both offer the Nouveau Lash Extensions, as they come in various sizes you can subtly enhance your natural lashes or go for a full on ‘Katie Price’ look should you wish!
3. Bio Sculpture 3 Week Manicure/Pedicure – Bio Sculpture Semi Permanent gels will allow to you to have salon perfect nails in either a colour or French polish for up to 3 weeks. No chipping, no smudging and no damage to your own nails – what more can we say! Available for both hands and feet.
4. Tanning treatment– After a long cold winter there’s certain parts of our body that haven’t seen the light of day for a long time. As we all know a bit of colour can hide a few lumps and bumps and make us feel more confident. Our White to Brown Spray Tan will allow to you to feel bronzed, beautiful and more confident in that bikini, while building up a natural colour meaning you have a realistic, healthy glow with no orange tones!
5. Microdermabrasion – The first couple of days on holiday can be a little nerve wracking….no make-up, skin a bit pale form all the work you had to do pre-holiday. Well this treatment could save you! Diamondtome is an advanced Microdemabrasion treatment designed to resurface and rejuvenate skin making skin smoother and fine lines less apparent. Your dead skin will be sloughed off leaving your skin clear and smooth, radiant and with natural luminosity. Perfect!