Here at Zen we thought we would make it nice and easy for you get ready for your holiday. We have made you a list of you top five ‘must have’ treatments to make you feel fab while baring all on the beach.
1. Brazilian wax – At Zen we use hot wax for our Brazilian waxing and all other bikini line waxing making the treatment results better and a lot less painful (hurrah!) A Brazilian is a must before going on any beach holiday. The result will last for weeks meaning no more shaving (and no more embarrassing shaving rashes, yes we’ve all had them!) leaving you free and hair free to enjoy your holiday.
2. Eyelash Extensions - Everyone hates the thought of no mascara during the day on holiday but we all hate the thought of panda eyes even more. Well, having Nouveau Semi Permanent Eyelash Extensions at Zen means you won’t need to think twice about either. Zen Teviot and Zen Bruntsfield both offer the Nouveau Lash Extensions, as they come in various sizes you can subtly enhance your natural lashes or go for a full on ‘Katie Price’ look should you wish!
3. Bio Sculpture 3 Week Manicure/Pedicure – Bio Sculpture Semi Permanent gels will allow to you to have salon perfect nails in either a colour or French polish for up to 3 weeks. No chipping, no smudging and no damage to your own nails – what more can we say! Available for both hands and feet.
4. Tanning treatment– After a long cold winter there’s certain parts of our body that haven’t seen the light of day for a long time. As we all know a bit of colour can hide a few lumps and bumps and make us feel more confident. Our White to Brown Spray Tan will allow to you to feel bronzed, beautiful and more confident in that bikini, while building up a natural colour meaning you have a realistic, healthy glow with no orange tones!
5. Microdermabrasion – The first couple of days on holiday can be a little nerve wracking….no make-up, skin a bit pale form all the work you had to do pre-holiday. Well this treatment could save you! Diamondtome is an advanced Microdemabrasion treatment designed to resurface and rejuvenate skin making skin smoother and fine lines less apparent. Your dead skin will be sloughed off leaving your skin clear and smooth, radiant and with natural luminosity. Perfect!
At Zen Edinburgh we offer a range of manicures and pedicures, from express to luxury. Our manicure involves shaping, cuticle work, massage and your choice polish. Our pedicure includes filing, foot and leg exfoliation, removal of hard skin, cuticle work, massage and polish.
For those hands and feet that are dry, tired and over worked we offer luxury versions of manicures and pedicures. All the above is included but with the added benefit of a paraffin wax heat treatment.
Paraffin wax will be placed on the area infusing heat and moisture into the skin. The use of paraffin wax will improve the circulation, hydration of the skin and will heat the area prior to the massage.
Manicures and pedicures are the perfect little treat to restore relaxation and can be enjoyed with friends. At Zen Edinburgh we have a variety of different OPI nail colours suitable for all events and occasions.
For those who enjoy a long lasting statement colour or French on your nails but can’t stand when it gets chipped, Zen Edinburgh has the solution.
At Zen Edinburgh we offer a three week gel manicure and gel pedicure. Achieved through the use of Bio Sculpture gel its unlike any other false nails as it does not add length, it simply provides strength to the nail by the layer of gel on top, great if you’re looking to encourage your natural nails to grow and of course it provides long lasting colour!
The gel comes in a variety of colours and a French finish can also be achieved. The best bit about the three week gel manicure or three week gel pedicure is that you can soak it off at home. The three week gel manicure and gel pedicure is ideal prior to a holiday or special occasion as it is completely stress free.
My 3 week manicure which I had at Zen Lifestyle Edinburgh did last the full three weeks. The natural high gloss gel manicure looks just like a polish but with other benefits.
The gel manicure added strength allowing my nails to grow longer than they normally, they never chipped meaning I did not have to polish my nails once over my stay in Edinburgh.
My therapist in the Edinburgh based salon advised me on aftercare for the gel manicure which was minimal, simply purchase the gel remover from the salon for only £6 and soak the gel manicure off yourself at home, easy!
The fact that I was left with perfectly manicured nails for around three weeks was fantastic and I would highly recommend the gel manicure and Zen Lifestyle Edinburgh as a salon.
Statement from a Zen client.